Sure Fire S’Mores
• 6 whole graham crackers
• 1 bag mini marshmallows
• 3 (1.55 ounces) Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bars, split into 2
Split graham cracker into 2 halves. On top of graham cracker squares place fire-roasted marshmallows (please use caution and do with adult supervision only). Remove and place 1/2 of a Hershey bar on top of marshmallow. The heat from the marshmallow will melt the chocolate bar. Place other 1/2 of graham cracker on top. Press lightly to flatten marshmallows. These may be made ahead and wrapped in plastic wrap until ready to heat and eat.
• 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 1/4 cups well-shaken buttermilk
• 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter plus 2 tablespoons for cooking
• 2 large eggs
• 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
* Blueberry Maple Syrup, recipe follows
In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients except 2 tablespoons butter until evenly combined (small lumps are ok). Set mixture aside to rest while griddle heats or cover and store in the refrigerator up to 12 hours.
Heat a large seasoned cast iron skillet, frying pan, or griddle over medium heat. To check that the pan’s properly heated, sprinkle a few drops of water on pan or griddle and water will “dance” around before evaporating.
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in pan. When it foams, ladle 1/4 cup batter for each pancake and cook until bubbles cover the top, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook until golden brown, another 1 minute. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve immediately topped with Blueberry Maple Syrup.
Blueberry Maple Syrup:
• 3 cups blueberries
• 1 cup maple syrup
Combine 1 1/2 cups berries and syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until berries are slightly softened, about 2 minutes, then mash using the back of a spoon. Simmer until mixture foams up a bit, about 1 to 2 minutes more. Remove from heat, strain to remove blueberry solids, stir in remaining 1 1/2 cups berries, and use to top pancakes, waffles, or French toast.
Kellog’s Rice Krispies Treats:
• 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
• 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows – OR – 4 cups miniature marshmallows
• 6 cups Rice Krispies®
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.