The 7th Annual Long Lake Fire Department Labor Day Chicken Barbeque, Concert and Fireworks will be held September 3rd, 4 p.m. at the Mt. Sabattis Pavilion in Long Lake located at 46 Pavilion Way. Proceeds from the Chicken Barbeque will benefit the Long Lake Fire Department. Chicken dinners prepared by the Fire Department are $15 and include coleslaw, salt potato, corn and roll.
The Fulton Chain Gang hits the stage at 6pm blending modern Nashville hits with classic country and southern rock. The Fulton Chain Gang has shared the stage with national acts, including: Billy Currington, Easton Corbin, Mark Chestnut, Lynyrd Skynyrd, David Lee Murphy, Molly Hatchet, Justin Moore, Joe Diffie, Tracy Lawrence, Montgomery Gentry, and Blackberry Smoke.
The Fulton Chain Gang routinely packs venues from the Turning Stone Showroom, the Tin Rooster, Alexandria Bay’s Bonnie Castle Resort, the Saranac Brewery Thursday Night Concert Series, numerous county fairs, and the New York State Fair and this will be their 7th appearance at the Long Lake Labor Day BBQ.
The Long Lake Fire Department will be raffling off a four-wheeler at 8:30pm. Tickets will be available at the BBQ with sales ending promptly at 8pm. Raffle winner will be announced at 8:30pm
Fireworks are set for 8:45pm and can be seen from the Long Lake Town Beach or from Mt. Sabattis Pavilion.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR MAXIMIZING FUN AT THE LABOR DAY BBQ
1. Get to Pavilion Early and get a table … this just into the newsroom – there will be additional seating this year!
2. Bring lawn chairs and sit outside where the sound doesn’t seem so harsh on the ears under the tin can roof.
3. Bring cash because they don’t take credit cards!
4. Bring additional cash to get a raffle ticket for the 4-Wheeler before they sell out.
5. The Band will play one more set after the fireworks so the Fire Department and Ladies Auxiliary get to dance (this is actually one of the best parts of the night -so you may want to plan to stay for that)
6. It still happens if it rains! This event happens rain or shine so if it’s raining, come on up and grab a seat. They still want to see you.
7. There will be Kids Meals including Hot Dogs available at the event.
8. There is no separate admission charge for the band so if you don’t want to eat, make sure you buy a raffle ticket at least.. but you can dance all night long for free.
The Mt. Sabattis Pavilion entrance can be found at the intersection of South Hill Road and Deerland Road at 46 Pavilion Way, Long Lake, NY.
Food served until they run out. To-go’s available.
For more information contact 518-624.3077 or mylonglake.com
Photo provided by www.fultonchaingang.com