Join the Town of Long Lake in celebrating the Fourth of July with our annual celebration festivities. The day is full of family friendly activities starting with the Fourth of July games in the morning, food, snacks, swimming and fun in the afternoon and a free concert with Grit n Grace. End the night with the best fireworks in the Adirondacks with friends and family.
1. Kids Games for All Ages!
Starting at 10 a.m., join us at the Long Lake Town Ball Field for games for people of all ages. Classic favorites include a scavenger hunt for the youngest tykes under five, but you have to be there ready to go promptly at 10am for this unique treasure hunt for prizes. There will also be a matching shape relay for the youngest, as well as balloon races, sack races, egg toss and a three-legged race and sack races and maybe some hula hoops.
Children will have a great time competing for prizes and, with over 1,000 prizes to choose from, children will want to join in the activities again and again. The prize booth is not to be missed!
The Long Lake CTSO Community Teachers Student Organization will be at the ball field selling water and popsicles! So bring your money and support the local CTSO Too!
2. Penelope the Clown! Now in her millionth year! Ok, we don’t know how long Penelope has been coming to Long Lake, but that’s ok, we love her. It’s tradition, and if there’s something we love in Long Lake, it’s tradition. Penelope will be set up at the Long Lake Town Beach Gazebo, painting faces, blowing up balloons and having fun with the kids. She arrives around 4pm and will wrap up and go home around 7 or so. So don’t miss out!
3. New for 2019! Patriotic, Hand Crafted Walking Sticks. Local Craftsman Bob Tice will be on the Long Lake Town Beach selling his handcrafted hiking sticks with a patriotic theme, just for the 4th of July. For the avid hiker, or the general walker, these sticks will help you maintain a good footing on the trail or the sidewalk! Find him on the beach!
4. Kettle Corn! North Country Kettle Corn returns to the beach with their yummy treats. Check them out. Cotton Candy, sweet and salty Kettle Corn! Delicious!
5. Ice Cream! If you participate in the Long Lake Annual Egg Toss, every participant receives an ice cream cone from either Custards Last Stand or The Park. Pick your favorite! Everyone is a winner! Prize tickets awarded at the ball field at the end of the Kids Games. Participating Egg Tossers only are eligible for this very special prize!
6. The Long Lake Fire Department BBQ serves up Sausages and Peppers and Hot Dogs too! Every year you shouldn’t resist this traditional meal on the beach. Hot, delicious and supporting a great cause! This is one of two major fundraisers for the all volunteer department and they welcome your support. Leaving the cooking to them!
7. Long Lake Lions Club Raffle. Look for members of the Long Lake Lions Club at the Long Lake Town Beach selling 50/50 raffles. What you don’t know about the Long Lake Lions Club is that they are growing and expanding their outreach in the community! So keep your eyes peeled this summer. They host several events a year, including Vintage Snowmobile Races in the winter months. This summer they have invited a guest speaker to come to town to speak about
Look for the Lions at the Paddling Olympics, serving up a delicious BBQ lunch, and the August Heart of the Park Craft Fair, again, serving up a delectable lunch. They also serve food at the Long Boat Regatta held the 3rd weekend in September at the Long Lake Town Beach. The Lions Club raises funds to help sponsor local children to attend camps and support local charities as well as fulfilling the mission of the National Chapter. Check them out and say hello at the beach.
The Lions Club will also be hosting “Logging in the Adirondacks” by Dick Nason on Tuesday, July 23 at 7:00 p.m. in the Long Lake Town Hall. Mr. Nason is a retired forester, for Finch Pruyn, and Co. formerly one of the largest land owners of Adirondack forest property. So be sure to check them out.
8. Live Music with Grit N Grace.
Really what is not to love. Having made their debut at RondeauFest four years ago, and taking over the 4th of July duties on the beach three years ago, this band knows how to rock the house. From Country, Rock, Pop and with a fierce lead singer, Jackie Pop, this band will have you dancing in the sand and cutting loose on the biggest celebration of the year. This is a free show. Pull up a lawn chair and a blanket and get ready to be wowed. They start playing at 6:30pm until the fireworks go… usually around 9:30/9:45pm.
9. The Best Fireworks in the Adirondacks.
It’s true, for such a small town, we power pack this show with entertainment for over 20-30 minutes. Big booms, little booms, with crackles and pops, your eyes will be dazzled by such a vast display shooting from the Long Lake Causeway near the Town Beach. Spectators can view from the beach or from their boat, and some find their own special spot along the Nature Trail or up on Mt. Sabattis. Pick your spot and enjoy the show! Special thanks to our local businesses for contributing to the show, including Whitney Industries generous contribution to support the finale and our entire production.
Donations from our local businesses include:
Helen & Bob Kentile
Eastern Starn Star Abenaque Chapter #745
Short Ridge Landscaping
Hoss’s Country Corner
Dr. Russell Rider
More to be listed as they arrive…
9A. Bonus! Pizza Delivery to your BOAT!